Friday, September 21, 2007

Cooking for One

I just finished the essay collection, "Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant" edited by Jenni Ferrari-Adler and half-way through the introduction I couldn't stop thinking about my eating habits when I eat dinner alone. I have to admit, like many of the authors I don't make a big fuss when I make dinner for myself anymore. More often than not I'll eat my favorite food, which requires no cooking, no real mess and certainly no time.
I'll make a tuna fish sandwich on toast. I like my tuna sandwiches plain. I don't add celery, or even cheese. I don't cut tomato or lettuce. I just open a can, mix in some mayo and throw it between two pieces of bread. It's my comfort food, it's my lazy food and it's definitely my eating alone food.

3 comments:

Carrie Anne. said...

i usually keep it simple when i eat alone too, mostly because i don't want to be left with the dishes!

Fannie S. said...

Scrambled eggs is my favorite eating alone food, especially for dinner. It is a bit messier, though.

I can't wait to hear about Arizona my dear!

Anonymous said...

у нас на вышеприведенном веб-ресурсе собран большой выбор интересных статей про [url=http://bednayaove4ka.ru/]портал для женщин[/url].